Join us on

T: 0117 958 5800

F: 0117 958 4324


Stoneleigh Accountancy Ltd

Suite 11c Regency House

Bonville Road


Bristol BS4 5QH

B&W Google+ Logo B&W LinkedIn Logo

Copyright © 2015


The Local Marketing Business

Website Logo Stoneleigh Accountancy Ltd

You make the money,

we'll help you keep it!

Important Tax Dates


Important Tax Dates for the Self-Employed and Partnerships

Once you've instructed us to be your accountant we take all the hassle and headache of having to keep track of all of this away - we'll do all of the work on your behalf, so you won't have to worry about dealing with HMRC!


If you're looking for a reputable, approachable and local accountant in Bristol then please get in touch with us on 0117 9580 5800 or drop us an email.

Tel: 0117 958 5800

During the tax year


31 January - This is when the first payment is due for the tax year ending the following 5th April.


Following the tax year


5 April - This is when the tax year ends and when you can expect to receive a paper version of your tax return,  or a notice asking you to file your tax return online for the tax year that has just ended.


Following the end of the tax year


31 July - This is when the second payment is due for the tax year ending the previous 5th April.


5th October - If you have income that has not been taxed before you received it or if you have capital gains in excess of £11,000 then this is the date by which you need to notify HMRC in order for them to send you a tax return.


31 October - Paper tax returns need to be submitted to HMRC by this date - late submissions will be subject to a fine.


31 December - Online tax returns need to be submitted by this date if you want HMRC to collect the tax through your tax code where you owe less than £3,000.


31 January - Online tax returns, unless they fall into the category mentioned above, need to be submitted by this date - late submissions will be subject to a fine.

This is also the last day by which you may register for payment of Class 2 NI contributions for the previous tax year and when your balancing payment of tax is due.


Following the tax year + one year


31 January - You have until this date to amend any tax return (paper and online) which was incorrect.

Free Business Review

Find out more